Friday, December 30, 2011

32 Weeks, 3 Days: 53 Days Remaining!

I can't even believe it!

I'm so excited to start my HypnoBirthing classes next Wednesday--you don't even know!  I'm trying not to think about being scared, and I'm trying to surround myself with positive stories and experiences, but I'm still nervous.  I mean, the reality of it is that he has to come out.  One way or another, he has to enter the world.  I'm so nervous!  Well, I'm nervous if I think about it too much.  I think right now it's still hanging around in that denial part of my brain.  Like, I haven't really embraced the fact.  I've thought it through and pictured it a million times, but I don't know.  I still think I'm going to wig out when I actually go into labor.  You know?

Little nudger is moving around right now.  Must be the coffee!! (Don't worry, it's just half caff!)

Starting Jan 1st, our new budget goes into place!  Nervous about this too!  My step-mom helped me set up this whole Excel spreadsheet thing to track it all.  I got the idea from the book America's Cheapest Family.  They suggest have separate "folders" within your account that list different things.  For example. you have $100 in your savings account--You'd have maybe $10 in the "fun money" folder, $15 in the "medical needs" folder, $5 in the "pet care" folder, $20 in the "car maintenance folder", $15 in the "clothes and grooming" folder, $10 in the "vacation" folder, and $25 in the "emergency savings" folder.  The idea is that every month you add money to these categories so that you have funds for your car registration, license renewal, walk in clinic co-pay, etc etc and you don't have to guess whether you "have enough" money or not.  I really like this idea, and it's an idea that I can understand.  I'm a very tangible person--I'd rather do this with real dollars in real envelopes, but I know that it's better to have it an a bank account, so I'm working on the computer part of it lol.  This is why my step-mom had to step in.  She's really good with Excel.  I got about 3/4 of the way there and then my brain just couldn't do any more.  I'm still trying to wrap my head around how Jan works out--because obviously I'm not starting at $0.  I guess I'm just entering all of our data into January and adding to it from there?

We're canceling our internet on Jan 4th!  SCARY!  BUT--the good news is this might not be as permanent as we thought!! Kevin got the Service Advisor position at the dealership!  So now he's not going to just be a parts guy anymore--he's going to be a service guy!  And it's going to be great.  He's going to be bringing home more money, so we can have more of a cushion!  I'm SO happy for him!  And for us, but mostly for him.  He deserves this.  He's worked hard there for 7+ years and it's about time he finally got a real raise!  So as soon as we start seeing the bigger checks, I can adjust our budget sheet accordingly.  But until then we'll assume the worst and hope for the best.

Off to check the bank account!

No comments:

Post a Comment