Wednesday, June 15, 2011

CD 30: Well I guess I won't be getting a tattoo this weekend.....

BECAUSE I GOT A BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Left: 5/15  Center: 5/13  Right 5/12


Ok, so here's what happened.

Monday morning before I went down to Port St. Lucie/South Florida to do a charity event with Chef, I POAS because you know, no period yet, temps are still high at this point, and I knew we were probably going to have a few drinks at the end of the night.  BFN.  So I was like, ok.  Grabbed a tampon to keep with me because I had felt a few cramps.  The event went great, had a rum and coke there and then a few more drinks over the course of several hours when we got back to Chefs house.  I was pretty toasty.  Toasty enough that I had to sit and wait a bit before I could lay down to go to bed.

Tuesday was fairly miserable.  Forgot to temp.  More cramps (light ones) so I put a tampon in since I knew AF was coming.  I was exhausted from the night before, and after work, I had to drive an hour to babysit.  I took a 20 minute nap along the way.

Today I woke up and took my temperature.  98.07ºF.  At this point I'm figuring that I ovulated a few days later than I thought I did.  I get up and go into the bathroom.  I pull out the tampon and start peeing. I realize the tampon is clean, so I stop the stream, pull out a POAS, and test.  And as I'm watching it, I'm doing this blinking thing--trying to clear my vision from just waking up.  I couldn't fricken believe my eyes.  There it was.  2 lines.  HOLY SHIT.  I looked at it 10 more times.  Still there.  I couldn't even gather my wits together enough to do anything fun for Kevin.  I pulled back the shower curtain (he was already in the shower) and held up the stick.  He thought it was a positive OPK lol.  Then he's like, "and you're sure you've never seen anything like that before?  Never had 2 lines ever?"  So I grab the one from Monday out of the trash, and sure as shit there are 2 lines there, too.  YOU MEAN I COULD HAVE KNOWN SINCE MONDAY?!?!?!?!  I watched the silly thing for about 3 minutes before writing it off as a BFN and threw it out.  I would NOT have had anything to drink if I had known.  WTF.

So anyhoo, now my big issue is to figure out how to tell everyone that I'm canceling getting a tattoo on Saturday, after I already made my appointment. I think I'll go with the "I have to buy tires for my car" thing.

omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg.

No comments:

Post a Comment