Monday, July 25, 2011

9 Weeks, 6 Days: First U/S in a less than 5 hours

I'm so nervous and excited.  I wonder if it's a regular ultrasound or a transvaginal?  I hope it's regular.  Hubby thinks it's just dandy for me to get half naked and be poked and prodded while he sits there in his business clothes.  I am not amused by this at all.  I think he should get half naked too.  For moral support.  And have blood work done.  Maybe I'll insist he donates blood every time I get blood work done.  Yes.  This sounds like a great idea.  Why not?  It's doing something good for others and letting him in on a little pregnancy bonding time.

Anyways...113#  today.  I haven't dropped down to 110# in 4 weeks.  I think that means I've gained 2-3#s so far.  Already?  Gah.  So I did the whole "let's try on all of my pants to see how fat I've gotten" thing.  I'm not sure I recommend this...and they wonder why pregnant women are hormonal and crazy...


Why yes, that is me at 9 1/2  weeks popping out of my jeans.  Here's the pile of pants that no longer fit me:


Yup.  Half a big tote full.  Sigh....I'm down to 1 pair of jeans and 1 pair of shorts.  Everything else is yoga pants or pajama pants.  Dresses, anyone?

I was invited to a Ladies Night Out with my Zumba friends that was being held at the club that I work at....and I decided not to go.  I really wasn't comfortable going since I work at the club, for one, but being pregnant amounts to the other 4 reasons I didn't want to go.  Can't drink, Don't fit in my cocktail dress, I don't have $40 to spend on that, and I also don't want my coworkers to think I was drinking when they do find out that I'm pregnant.  No one really knows yet, since the U/S is today..I've been waiting.  I'm sad I couldn't go...but they'll understand come next week or so.

Well that's all for now.  Hopefully I'll have an U/S pic to post later!


EDIT:

fuck.  just found out it's transvaginal.  Really?  Why?  Everyone raves about this Ob/gyn but I have not been amused so far.   Not at all.  First appointment was bogus--yes, you have a uterus, and pee in this cup so we can do the same pee test that you did to confirm your pregnancy.  Blink.  Blink.

I do not like this one bit.  I think I just want to be pregnant in peace.  Next pregnancy will be with a midwife.  I don't care if we DO have to pay out of pocket for it.  GRRRRRRRRR

No comments:

Post a Comment