Monday, May 9, 2011

Monistat for the hoo-hoo

So I texted my friend who is a nurse at an OB office in NY.  I asked about the recurring itchiness with my period and now suddenly I'm having itchiness with no period....typical.

She said it's not weird, try 3 day Monistat.  So that's what I'm doing.  $16 at Walgreens.  Apparently yeast infections are common during pregnancy!  You know what that means, right?  Yes!  That I'm adding it to my delusional symptoms list.  The directions look complicated.  You have to stuff it in there and then lay down so that it doesn't leak out.  Then they say to wear your least favorite underwear in case it gets ruined from the medicine.  So not only do I feel icky from the itching and disgusting discharge (no smell thank god), but I also get to wear my bottom of the drawer granny panties for 3 days!  No tampons, either. (good thing no AF I guess or that would really suck) And my other concern--I teach Zumba® for cryin' out loud.  I'm probably going to wiggle the medicine right out and all over myself.  Lovely.  Just lovely.

Well, hopefully it works so we can get back to BDing to catch the egg that may or may not be lingering around somewhere.

And here's to hoping the infection goes away for good and quits this coming back every cycle bull poo!

No comments:

Post a Comment